top of page

Acerca de

My Partial Story

For some reason, I can write about anything, but myself. I find it weird. Maybe its just me lol. This is what it says on the back of each of my books.

Jocelyne Soto is a writer born and raised in California. She started her writing journey in 2015 and in 2019 she published her first book. She is an independent author who loves discovering new authors on Goodreads and Amazon. She comes from a big Mexican family, and with it comes a love for all things family and food.  Jocelyne has a love for her mom’s coffee and writing. In her free time, she can be found reading a romance novel off her iPad or somewhere in the black hole of YouTube.


All that is true, but I feel like my website should say more? But how do I say more without revealing everything? Let me try. I have a college degree and it's not in English or in literature, or even in the arts. It’s a BS. I’ve been to six countries, but two really doesn’t count since I only stepped foot in an airport. A dream is to be able to write full time while also traveling to a new place every few weeks or so.

I’m a panster, through and through. I can’t plot. If I have an idea for a book, I will write like a three sentence paragraph and then pick out names. Usually I can see how the book is going to play out in my head and 90 percent it works out that way. The other 10 percent, the story goes on a different course than initially thought but I’m okay with it. I just write, and if it goes the direction I want it to, great. If it doesn’t, also great. I think that’s all I can think of for right now. I’ll try to come up with more. If you would like to get to know me more, check out my social media pages!

Thank you for your support and for reading my books!

Connect With Me

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • TikTok
  • Pinterest
  • Spotify
bottom of page